I'm Dr Nick Lamb, the managing director of Medcopywriter Limited. Based in Oxfordshire, UK, I've been working as a freelance medical writer in MedComms for more than 20 years.
With a solid science background combined with a passion for generating robust and compelling medical content, I'm able to write confidently on a wide range of therapy areas for healthcare specialists, GPs, nurses, pharmacists, patients and the general public.
Throughout my career I've worked with healthcare advertising agencies as well as directly with global pharma clients, culminating in work on nine out of the ten best-selling prescription medicines of all time.
To learn more about the services I offer, my availability, or rates, please feel free to get in touch.
WEB, MOBILE & SOCIAL
HCP and patient websites, microsites, Medscape InfoSites, wireframes, web banners, iPad apps, targeted email marketing, Veeva email fragments, mass emails, RTEs, blog articles, chatbots, Yammer posts, SEO, metadata, Twitter and LinkedIn posts.
Bringing disease burden and clinical trial data to life with infographics.
Interactive visual aids, self-guided eDetails, leavepieces, wireframes, playbooks, reprint carriers.
MEDICAL EDUCATION & TRAINING
Ad boards, MSL training, symposia content development, training manuals, clinical summaries, patient case studies, distance learning materials, eLearning platforms, KOL mapping, onboarding, workshops.
Ad concepts, headlines, story flows, body copy, taglines, advertorials, direct mail, storyboards, podcast scripts.
Press releases, talk tracks, key message development, backgrounders, Q&As investor relations, scenario planning.
I have extensive medical writing experience across a range of therapeutic areas. I'm also able to pick up new therapy areas quickly and confidently.
• AAA • ACS • Anticoagulants • Atrial fibrillation • Atherosclerosis • Cardiac amyloidosis • Cardiac rhythm management therapy • Coronary artery disease • Dilated cardiomyopathy • DVT and VTE • MI and HF • Stroke
• Bacterial, viral and fungal infections • HIV/AIDS • cSSTIs, cIAIs, cUTIs, uUTIs
MY THERAPY AREAS.
Therapeutic area expertise
• ADHD • Anxiety disorders • Bipolar disorder • Depression • Epilepsy • Migraine • MS • Pain • Parkinson's disease • Schizophrenia
• Graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) • Immunosuppressive therapy
• Dermatology • Immunotherapy • Lupus • Psoriasis • Rheumatoid arthritis
• Type 2 diabetes • Diabetes-related complications • Metabolic disorder • Obesity • Growth disorders (Turner Syndrome)
• Breast cancer • Cervical cancer • Leukemia (ALL, AML, CLL, CML) • Liver cancer (HCC) • Lung cancer (NSCLC) • Lymphoma (FL, DLBCL, MCL) • Melanoma • Multiple myeloma • Ovarian cancer • Prostate cancer (LPC, BCR, nmCRPC, mHSPC, mCRPC)
• Cardiac medical devices (cardiac resynchronisation therapy, pacing, defib and LV leads) • Pens and pumps, auto-injectors and PFS • Smart devices and adherence monitoring
• COVID-19 • Hepatitis B • HPV • Invasive meningococcal disease • Pandemic and seasonal influenza • Pneumococcus
• Hypoallergenic infant formula • Milk allergy • Probiotics • Prebiotics
• Chronic kidney disease (CKD) • End-stage renal disease (ESRD) • HIF-PH inhibitors • Phosphate binders • Renal anaemia
• Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) • Anti-VEGF therapy • Diabetic macular oedema (DME) • Glaucoma (ocular hypertension and open angle glaucoma)
• Acute lung injury • Asthma • COPD • Cystic fibrosis • Smoking cessation
• Cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy (CALD) • Neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD) • Paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria (PNH) • Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) • Transfusion-dependent thalassemia (TDT) • Mucopolysaccharidosis type I (MPS I)
• Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) • Erectile dysfunction • Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS)
I work with a wide range of clients, both directly and through my agency partners. My clients include global pharmaceutical and medical device companies, award-winning advertising agencies, research consultancies, web design companies, as well as small businesses and charities.
WHAT MY CLIENTS SAY.
Senior Therapeutic Area Medical Director, Astellas Pharma Europe
"For the last 18 months, Nick provided us with excellent support in medical writing for our nephrology product in the area of medical affairs, including slide sets for clinical trials, training materials, presentations for symposia and minutes of advisory board. The quality of his output has been consistently good."
Senior Account Director,
"Nick's work is of a consistently high standard, meticulous and well thought through. An absolute pleasure to work with - he is reliable, flexible and accommodating. Nick's approach remains the same, no matter the nature or size of the project - and I would more than recommend him."
Online Brand Manager, AstraZeneca
"I worked with Nick over a number of months to deliver a website project for prostate cancer patients and health care professionals. The previous experience Nick bought to the project was invaluable and ensured the project was both a success and delivered on time."
GET IN TOUCH.
If you'd like a quote for my services, or just a chat, please get in touch.
I'd love to hear from you.
Start a conversation
23 Albion Street
Oxfordshire OX7 5BL